Thursday, July 17, 2008

This is the stuff dreams are made of....

An update from the last couple of days......











Two years ago my host family had an exchange student from Indonesia, and shes back to visit, and this time she bought her little brother along! It is so wonderful, and she has been helping me with my Japanese alot! I feel so special to be able to have an expereince like this; in Japan, at our host family's home, speaking japanese, eating Japanese food....An American girl, 2 people from Indonesia, sharing the same love for our Japanese family. Its really wonderful when you think about it....





Tonight for dinner we ate Somen noodles. So imagine thoes "make it yourself" taco kits( Same concept) but Japanese style.








we choose from steak, cucumber slices, and egg then add it to a bowl with ourchilled noodles and a brown sauce!












See? Yummy!!!!



It took some getting used to....at first i didnt like cold noodles, but it grew on me and i love it! Such is the case with many new foods, its just so different, but I try everything, and most times I end up liking it!









Ok so last Sunday I went to NAGOYA, which is 10 times bigger (and more awsome) than my small city of Toyohashi! This place is called SAKAE. The outside looks cool, but the stores are underground!!! lol There is a Starbucks (yay), a pokemon store, shoe stores, resturaunts....Its quite nice...





And last, but not least, this is my cute little host mother. Her shirt was crazy, it had a little hood, with little ears on it. We had to take a picture. I feel so lucky that I got this host family. I wouldnt change for anything, even if I was told that I could go live smack dab in the middle of Tokyo (which is what i orginally wanted) But I am happy in my small little city.
Im like a celebrity, everyone knows who I am!

























1 comment:

Unknown said...

... how can you not like cold noodles???

pokemon store hahahaha awesome.